I am finally done with this school year and I could not be happier. This last year has been a drag and it has turned out to be more difficult than expected. Could I go back, I would probably study a little more certain subjects, since I know I will need to be better at them in the future, but all in all I did good. The final grades will be displayed at my school in a couple of weeks, I believe, or less, and we will see then.
Anyways, today is my first day of my three-month summer break and it is raining. I do not really mind it, since it is the perfect weather for reading, and I do have quite a lot to read this summer. Let’s get started with my list of goals, which may differ a bit from the picture above, but it was way too nice and posh not to use :
- Read : and by this I mean read a lot. I have four books to read this summer as part of my school programme and I would also like to read some of the books I own. I tend to be quite inconsistent with my reading during the school year, since the work load is massive, but I have no excuses this summer, not even having a job (being talentless and all of that);
- Train harder : when I go to the gym, I do not exercise, I train, which I think puts things into perspective. I tend to think about how athletes train and eat for their professional needs and I want to do the same. I am, of course, not an athlete, but I want to train as hard as I can and as hard as my body allows it : no more half-assing exercises and no more settling for an average weight when I know I could lift heavier;
- Eat better : I have recently started to follow a nutrition plan which consists in eating healthily following a charge/discharge diet. This basically means that I switch between high-carb days and low-carb ones and that is supposed to wake up my metabolism. That being said, I also have to eat very healthily and drink plenty water and I have started to notice some differences, even if they are very small;
- Blog better : this basically means that I need to be more consistent and more focused on this blog, although I already am. I do post every Wednesday and Sunday, but sometimes, because of life getting in the way, I skip a day and that makes me feel extremely annoyed; it is time to change that.
- Relax : this is a very hard thing to accomplish for me, since I do not know how to relax. Instead of just laying in bed, I would do anything to keep me on my feet, even if that means listening to music while walking around the house. I only associate my bed with sleeping, so even when I read I have to be seated on a chair. I need to take things more lightly and stop focusing so much on the bad aspects of life. I need to be a bit more stoic;
- Curate my social media : as you may know, I have both Instagram and Tumblr accounts, which I am quite active on. I also have a Twitter account, but I have never really loved it as much, although I do tweet sometimes. Despite being quite consistent, I feel like I need to curate them more, which means finding my own style and giving my pages a theme. I think I am quite close to reaching this goal on Instagram, but not quite on Tumblr, so that is something I have to work on;
- Visit Rome more often : I have made it my summer mission to go to Rome at least once a week or once every two weeks so I can visit all the places I have never visited and all the museums and churches I have never entered. I am obsessed with art and history, and since I probably will not be here next year, I want to take advantage of my surroundings and breathe in as much Roman art and history I can.
I am pretty sure this is about it, as far as big goals are concerned. I hope you liked reading this and make sure you stay tuned for my book reviews and posts about Rome, which will be present in these summer months. Thank you.